15 February 2015

A Hike in the Foothills

One of the benefits of living in Boise is the close proximity and access to all sorts of outdoor activities. This winter, since we're experiencing such mild weather, I've been out exploring the foothills and doing a little hiking. The high desert climate helps to make this possible year round.

So, while I work my way through the Ridge to Rivers Trail System during the week, on the weekend I like to select  something further afoot. Yesterday, this meant my first trip out to the Wilson Creek area in the foothills of the Owyhee Mountains south of Nampa, Idaho. I was on the trail by 8:15 am, and it was worth the early hour to have the trail to myself and explore at my own leisure.

If you're in the area, I highly recommend checking out this hike. I completed 9.5 miles in about four hours with a short snack stop to refuel and enjoy the view. Idaho is a beautiful place, and my goal is get out and explore more of it.

***

No comments: