31 January 2008

January: Blue Skies and Blahs

nieces

January has always seemed like the loooongest month to me. And when I look back at the events of the past month -- well, it stands to reason.

My Califonia holiday seeped over into the new year with blue skies, sunshine, and the wedding of my oldest niece. I like how the photo above shows a trail of nieces from the base of the stairs up to the top, and of course a sweet moment between bride and mother.

My work travel stretched me from west to east, with trainings in Ontario (ahem...Fruitland,Idaho), Bend, Oregon City, and Philomath. Snowy roads, cloudy skies, and definitely winter blahs.

Air miles: 3,496
Road miles: 1,565

All eight Valentine nieces and a couple of extras thrown in for good measure:

girl group

(Mom/grandma is in the left-hand corner)

No comments: