29 September 2007

Six Pic Saturday: A Crafty Renegade Affair


Renegade owl
Originally uploaded by Katherine H
15 September 2007

Feeling assured that I could find my way back to the hotel, I set out to explore the Renegade Craft Fair in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago.

I must admit a bit of a fascination with an online website for all things handmade. Twice a year, the crafty folks at etsy, host two Renegade Craft Fairs. I missed the one in Brooklyn, but the one in Chicago? Uh, sure, I could make that one.

blue line buddha

The CTA Blue Line Buddha greeted me each time I emerged from the underground station to catch the #8 bus on Halstead Street.

ricotta tart

A quick stop at the Milk & Honey Cafe on Division Street yielded a tasty ricotta tart for breakfast before I hit the pavement to explore the booths.

three sheets

One could find all manner of handcrafted items to expend their hard-earned cash on. Myself, I'm a little partial to letterpressed cards and stationery. This booth had lovely linen pillow slips, canvases, and bags.

hardy boys

This trio of college students was gleefully searching the bins for old Hardy Boys books deconstructed into spiral-bound journals.

business cards

It was almost as much fun to examine the unique business cards I collected from the vendors once I returned to the hotel!

No comments: